Because of a problem and reinstall I have ended up with both a WINDOWS and
WINNT folder. is it safe to delete the WINNT folder?
--
zinima

zinima wrote:
> Because of a problem and reinstall I have ended up with both a
> WINDOWS and WINNT folder. is it safe to delete the WINNT folder?

Maybe - maybe not.
Were you trying to do a clean installation?
If so - and it has not been that long - you might consider doing it again.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

did the second install because I was unable to do a repair on the exisiting
install and the computer refused to boot into windows. Installed into new
directory so I would not loose data on the disk
--
zinima

zinima wrote:
> did the second install because I was unable to do a repair on the
> exisiting install and the computer refused to boot into windows.
> Installed into new directory so I would not loose data on the disk

My suggestion is to backup the data you were worried about and do a clean
install. This is the only sure way you will be able to erase the old WinNT
directory with confidence. Not only that - the computer will likely run
better immediately afterwards and you will have a current backup of all your
data. Other than the time it takes - it is a win-win situation.

Might consider investing in an external drive and some imaging software as
well.. That way if this happens again and you have a periodic imaging
schedule going, you are only lost as far back as your last good image.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP