Drivers for canon canoscan n124ou

ogmomz

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I have just purchased an HP Pc with windows 7 (64bit). I am trying to get my scanner which is a Canon N124ou to work but it won't. On the Canon website it lists different models Lide 20 etc. I know mine is an Lide but I haven't a clue as to what type of Lide (there is no number on this scanner anywhere which identifies which type of Lide it is). I guess certain types of Lide's work and others don't. Mine can't find the driver when it does it's auto search when connected so I'm guessing I probably now have a scanner rendered useless because I got a new pc with windows 7. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem with this type of scanner and is there a way to id which lide number model it is. I don't have the set up disc anymore and it's driving me crazy. Help please.

G

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000469.asp

They don't seem to have rewritten the software for Win7 but there seems to be stuff for Vista. Try that and explore Win 7 compatibility mode and see if that helps.

If no joy this leaves you the choice of paying a (reasonable in my view) fee for good 3rd party scan software such as Vuescan or Silverfast or buying a new scanner for rather more than that.

I think I'd go for the new scanner, actually, because this technology moves on. Note, though Canon hardware is nice Epson software is nicer and that matters more in daily use.

TRENDING THREADS