Centaur repro playfield? How far away? Dead in the water? ..

I havent been doin' my reading and homework as much as I should be. Are
we gonna see this? Is it not gonna be allowed by Wayne? Whats up with
it?
16 answers Last reply
More about centaur repro playfield away dead water

    I would say "The Twilight Zone"... seriously, that is where it is.

    John!

    mikep28@omuonline.net wrote in news:1123535420.953477.248130
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I havent been doin' my reading and homework as much as I should be. Are
    > we gonna see this? Is it not gonna be allowed by Wayne? Whats up with
    > it?

    I'd like to know also. Right now I am repainting the entire playfield
    like Cliffy did on his Pin*bot. I have a ton of time into it, and will be
    happy with it, but would still like a new one if they ever see production.

    I tried this respose and it didne take, anyway, here I try again lets
    see if it takes this time.

    Gosh I hope they didnt decide not to make them. I saw a NOS field go
    for close to $2.5 on ebay. Surely theres demand, Id take 2 right now...

    I can be emailed at mikep28 at insightbb dot com if someone would
    rather discuss the particulars that way.

    Gosh I hope not! After seeing a NOS one take almost $2.5k Id imagine
    people would see the need for this item... I have only maybe seen 1 or
    maybe 2 centaur's w/o pf wear! What did that nice Bg go for? Over $800
    that time. PLEASE PLEASE make these things. I'll take 2 right now!

    If anyone is keeping track, please put me down for one
    Centaur playfield repro also!
    cfh at provide dot net

    mikep28@omuonline.net wrote:
    > I havent been doin' my reading and homework as much as I should be. Are
    > we gonna see this? Is it not gonna be allowed by Wayne? Whats up with
    > it?

    About 3 weeks ago (on the pinball.com forum) Wayne said he should have
    Centaur playfields ready by October.

    Dave

    whew.. good luck with all those black lines. ;)
    Any progress pics?

    Marcel

    cfh@provide.net wrote:
    > If anyone is keeping track, please put me down for one
    > Centaur playfield repro also!
    > cfh at provide dot net

    I'm in for two playfields.

    Mario
    Pinthetic

    He's slating a lot of things ready by October isnt he? I hope thats
    true! I have a chance to buy one that someone did a god aweful touchup
    on. I Have a really good artist on board here :) Girlfirend actually,
    but I dont think she can fix this one.

    MIKE

    I doubt anyone's keeping track, but just in case, I'll take two.

    Years ago I restored a Xenon playfield...same wonderful black line
    art... ;)
    I scanned the whole playfield and using an image editor, I left only
    the black color. I then made 1:1 transparency prints for reference.
    I have a worn out Centaur playfield right on front of me that I would
    love to restore (some day). Would love to see the pics, email
    dragonbreed @ aol . com.

    Marcel

    dragonbreed@aol.com wrote in news:1123588067.306731.242680
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > whew.. good luck with all those black lines. ;)
    > Any progress pics?
    >
    > Marcel

    Thanks, I need the luck, they don't get much tougher to do than this one.
    I took a few before pics, and can shoot some "so far" pics after work, but
    I don't have a place to host them. If you want, I can zip them and email
    them to you.

    Bill Fugle

    Chris Lyon wrote:
    > I doubt anyone's keeping track, but just in case, I'll take two.

    I can assure you someone is watching this post and keeping track of it.
    :)

    > I can assure you someone is watching this post and keeping track of it.
    > :)

    In that case, I'll take one also. Legit market, black market, purple
    market, whatever..... :)

    Bill Fugle wrote:

    > Bob Herzberg (orbian) was nice enough to host a few pictures of before
    > and "so far". THANKS BOB!
    >
    > http://www.herzberg.net/billf/centaur/index.htm
    >
    > It still has a ways to go, and some areas are just ruffed in to get
    > built up and blocksanded back down. If I knew for a fact new ones were
    > coming, I would never have started on it. Everything talked of being
    > repro'd seems to be in limbo right now and I don't know what to believe.
    > If they are made, I want one. I would also be in for a new plastic set
    > if they are done in conjunction with them like the Fathom ones.

    A tremendous amount of work has already gone into your repaint. Whether
    or not repros ever get made you should still be proud. It looks very
    professional.

    Orbian

    dragonbreed@aol.com wrote in news:1123606522.278462.294380
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Years ago I restored a Xenon playfield...same wonderful black line
    > art... ;)
    > I scanned the whole playfield and using an image editor, I left only
    > the black color. I then made 1:1 transparency prints for reference.
    > I have a worn out Centaur playfield right on front of me that I would
    > love to restore (some day). Would love to see the pics, email
    > dragonbreed @ aol . com.
    >
    > Marcel

    Bob Herzberg (orbian) was nice enough to host a few pictures of before
    and "so far". THANKS BOB!

    http://www.herzberg.net/billf/centaur/index.htm

    It still has a ways to go, and some areas are just ruffed in to get
    built up and blocksanded back down. If I knew for a fact new ones were
    coming, I would never have started on it. Everything talked of being
    repro'd seems to be in limbo right now and I don't know what to believe.
    If they are made, I want one. I would also be in for a new plastic set
    if they are done in conjunction with them like the Fathom ones.

Games Video Games