Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Any "wired+wireless" Keyboard??

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 12, 2011 2:04:29 PM

Hi everyone!

As the title suggets, I'm looking for a wired/wireless keyboard that has both mode.
I mean that can be turn from one mode to another just like the Razer Mamba can.

Has anyone heard about any keyboard with this feature?

Thanks in advance!

February 16, 2011 7:11:13 AM

Any suggestion?
Score
a b F Wireless
February 17, 2011 10:44:45 AM

if you want wireless why not just buy a straight wireless keyboard?

i know certain brands (logitech to name one) has pretty much zero input lag and the replaceable (double A's i think) batteries last for 5-6months or so.

its only the mice you have to worry about for batteries as they are usually self contained and not replaceable.

and no, i haven't heard about any specific wired/wireless combination that i'd recommend. state your reasons for such and maybe we can help.
Score
Related resources
February 18, 2011 12:15:40 PM

Thanks for replying!

The keyboard is for general use (chatting, surfing...) and casual gaming.

The main reason for the 'wired mode' is when gaming (if Im not wrong, wireless have a few ms of lag) and since it will be a gift, the wired/wireless feature would be awesome :bounce: 

Quote:
i know certain brands (logitech to name one) has pretty much zero input lag and the replaceable (double A's i think) batteries last for 5-6months or so.

Maybe I should consider this option.. :ange:  (A Wireless keyboard with no lag)

What brands and models do you know that can recommend me? :) 

PS: Mouse is OK, no needed since she have a brand new one

Score
a b F Wireless
February 18, 2011 4:47:35 PM

technically all keyboards have some sort of input lag. perhaps I should have put it this way: you won't notice any difference between a good wireless and a wired keyboard in terms of delay.

any of the decent logitech keyboards should work fine. i had the mx1000 mouse + keyboard set a few years back and i used to game on that device fine. i played through fps, rpg, mmo, you name it... and i never noticed a thing.
Score

Best solution

February 19, 2011 2:10:51 AM

ssddx said:

any of the decent logitech keyboards should work fine. i had the mx1000 mouse + keyboard set a few years back and i used to game on that device fine. i played through fps, rpg, mmo, you name it... and i never noticed a thing.

I just checked your keyboard on Google and looks nice, but a little overkill for what it will be used for, specially the LCD screen (since it will be for chatting and surfing 70% of the time)

Would be nice a light wireless keyboard with good response overall (a few macros and backlighting as much)

what keyboard/s with these features can you recommend me?

PS: sorry for all the conditions, i would like to have the best choice for the gift :D 
February 6, 2012 1:23:24 PM

I need wired for Linux install on PS3 and wireless to use on ps3/TV setup from across the room on the couch. Easy enough to make both capabilities in one keyboard, but I will need to get two separate keyboards I guess.
Score
February 17, 2012 5:43:17 AM

Best answer selected by Proximon.
Score
February 17, 2012 5:43:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
Score
!