I took a hard drive out of another computer and put it into my computer to
fix it. (I have my reasons for doing that) i hooked up the hard drive and
when i turned on my computer, it loads the screen(the screen where it shows
the master, slave, etc.). Then it loads the screen about boot from CD, and
then it stops. It stays at that screen and doesnt load windows. Has anybody
else had this problem or know how to fix this problem?

The Hardware Abstraction Layer is different..........If you wish to just
look at the files connect the HD as a slave and then boot with the original
HD .
If you are trying to change this HD to your system then boot with the XP CD
in place and do a "repair install".....of course then it wont function on
the other machine.
Maybe you should tell us what you are trying to accomplish???
peterk

"Z3LDA" <Z3LDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I took a hard drive out of another computer and put it into my computer to
> fix it. (I have my reasons for doing that) i hooked up the hard drive and
> when i turned on my computer, it loads the screen(the screen where it
> shows
> the master, slave, etc.). Then it loads the screen about boot from CD, and
> then it stops. It stays at that screen and doesnt load windows. Has
> anybody
> else had this problem or know how to fix this problem?

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Z3LDA" wrote:

| I took a hard drive out of another computer and put it into my computer to
| fix it. (I have my reasons for doing that) i hooked up the hard drive and
| when i turned on my computer, it loads the screen(the screen where it shows
| the master, slave, etc.). Then it loads the screen about boot from CD, and
| then it stops. It stays at that screen and doesnt load windows. Has anybody
| else had this problem or know how to fix this problem?

What i want to accomplish is to get the Hard Drive running. Whnever you would
turn the computer on it continuely restarted. So i was gonna take the hard
drive to my computer and put through recovery console. I saw an article on
here on how that was simliar to my problem and it said to go through recovery
console. The HD is formatted to Home and since i dont the XP home CD, I will
boot disks and try to go through recovery console to see if that works.