Status
Not open for further replies.

twigsthegod

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Hello,
I am looking for a new laptop $2000. I want to use it for gaming, and everything else. I dont want it to be more than 17" screen or too obnoxiously heavy. Any Suggestions?

Bryz

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Check the Better Business bureau and the Attorney General before you buy a Sager.

I'm looking for the same type of computer as you are and Asus and Toshiba are looking like the best options. I'm not sure about Dell though. I had one for the the 5 years prior to my disastrous run-in with Sager and never had a problem with that Dell.

I haven't had any major issues with my Sager and the times I did call for help or parts, they seemed pretty helpful and knowledgeable. However, you are going to get incidents like this with just about any company. Just look at the complaints about Dell and HP. Not trying to discredit your experience Bryz, just showing the other side of the coin.

Bryz

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Ive been looking at the Toshiba Qosima X505-Q875 and the Asus G73JH-X1. They have the same resolutions and i7 processors, but the Toshiba is 18.4 inches and the Asus is 17.3. Also the Toshiba has 6gb memory with a 320 gig hard drive and the Asus has 8 gb memory but a 500 gig hard drive.

Ive never owned a laptop from either company so I cant say much beyond the spec's. Going back to the original question: Id check out the Asus. I'm leaning that way too...

Sager has some very attractive machines and if it wasnt for my experience with them, their computers would be high on my list (probably the NP8120 even though its over the $2000 budget).

The 5870 in the G73 is also a fair deal better than the GTS 360M in the Toshiba. It would be the better choice. Now, I do have to say that Asus' build quality is pretty good but there are complaints about lousy support on their side. Something to consider.

Destroyer2088

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2008
i would say stick to toshiba, i bought there qosmio X505 Q888, i love it no problems and i had it for about 2 months now and i couldnt be happier!!!!!!!! best $1500 well spent. was worth every penny!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.