Does anyone know a good way to incorporate your actual computer into your
living space?? For example, I have my computer sitting right next to my
couch with the keyboard and mouse on the arm rest because I so frequently
use it. I'd imagine there's a better way and some info or something out
there that deals with bringing your computer into your living area
comfortably where it is accessible like my situation. I'm not talking about
HTPC (home theather PC) or MSN/WebTV type stuff, more like home technology
incorporated into decor/design.

Any ideas???

I know this isn't really the place for this question, but maybe someone here
has come across it or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Use 2 or 3 keywords and type them into Google with a space between each
word. Try different combinations of words for your question. You would be
surprised at what you will find by doing this - maybe even the suggestion
you are looking for.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

In news:G0NUe.52343$PM3.5015@twister.nyroc.rr.com,
News Groupie <newsgroupie@newsgroups.com> typed:
> Does anyone know a good way to incorporate your actual computer into
> your living space?? For example, I have my computer sitting right
> next to my couch with the keyboard and mouse on the arm rest because
> I so frequently use it. I'd imagine there's a better way and some
> info or something out there that deals with bringing your computer
> into your living area comfortably where it is accessible like my
> situation. I'm not talking about HTPC (home theather PC) or MSN/WebTV
> type stuff, more like home technology incorporated into decor/design.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> I know this isn't really the place for this question, but maybe
> someone here has come across it or can point me in the right
> direction.
> Thanks in advance

Well - my Thinkpad has an elegant matte black case and looks just swell next
to my charcoal-colored armchair. That's about all I know - I use wireless
networking, and don't use an external mouse, and the aesthetics have never
concerned me overmuch.

I suppose you could have a custom cabinet made or something, if you don't
like to look at your computer when you aren't using it.

I just have my pc in an alcove - with a computer desk which I've modified by
shortening it each side (one side has the processor, the other the UPS. The
one thing which worked really well for me is having a glass shelf made - this
runs the width of the alcove but about 10cm above the desk surface - this has
monitor / printer / pen for graphics tablet on it, and that frees the surface
of the desk (including the bit underneath the shelf, where I can hide things
like a midi keyboard, a graphics tablet and a slim scanner as well as a tray
for pens etc. Above this on the wall are shelves for accounts / software /
speakers.

One thing i can do (not done it yet) is to have a venetian or other blind,
which I can cover the whole thing up. Psychologically I think that could be
good, otherwise it's too tempting to do the business stuff at all hours of
the day and night!

thanks for your replies everyone

is it possible for you two to send me a picture of your setups
(tyggafella@yahoo.com)? thanks!