Help! I can't login to my own user profile!

Here is the problem. I have Windows XP Professional. Just today, when I
tried to boot the program, it told me this:
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably.
The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that
contain the system's image of the registry."

Then, it said that it cannot find local profile and is logging me in with a
temporary profile, which I am using right now, and which has none of my files
or programs on it EXCEPT for the Google Toolbar and Google Earth.
Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it ASAP??
Thank you!!

meghan wrote:
> Here is the problem. I have Windows XP Professional. Just today,
> when I tried to boot the program, it told me this:
> "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of
> this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local
> profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
>
> DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed
> unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or
> flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the
> registry."
>
> Then, it said that it cannot find local profile and is logging me in
> with a temporary profile, which I am using right now, and which has
> none of my files or programs on it EXCEPT for the Google Toolbar and
> Google Earth.
> Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it ASAP??
> Thank you!!

The few times I have seen this happen, it turned out to be bad hardware
(drive or RAM) involved.
Check your hardware. Backup your stuff.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812339

--