Hollowood, big money, and being apologistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/05/captain-america-the-first-avenger-title-change/
Once again, we see money talking, a certain aspect of the US being a rotten country.
Typical hollowood

I believe once again, some S Korean leaders are playing their people as to the usefulness of US troops, typical foolhardiness by the pols, and saying that since Cappy wasnt read in the USSR simply gives them a chance at discrediting when possible

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
here is the thing..
the comic book is based on a principle or 'idea' or 'foundation of creation'
to say that the character does something for a reason.. that reason is the whole point of the comic book.

if the movie shares the same 'reasons for action' .. then it would be wise to keep the concept as it was ultimately created and allowed to bloom.
to say that it isnt captain america.. but wearing the american flag, that sends an obnoxious misleading statement.
what is the concept trying to portray?
could the concept be used in different countries?
does the concept hold true from start to finish when used in/for different countries?

as a movie, i dont think the content creators are going to care much about the name of the movie.. but more the video being shown at all.
as their efforts dont say much about the name of the movie, but the involvement to create the most important part of the movie - that being the video and the audio.

i have watched quite a few movies from across the ocean.. i dont care about anything but the acting and the storyline.
i am not a true follower of captain america, but i remember seeing some television episodes.
seems like the same thing as super man kinda.. except that the guy seems to be more of a soldier that is of gentlemen nature.
kinda like terminator or iron man or even batman.

it is all about some type of security or body guard i think.
could be a hired helping hand.. a person with the governmental rights to break things up.
we all have police that can stop a person that is breaking one of the rules on a list.
i think we all can have paid body guards.
we dont really have marshalls anymore, as there are too many people getting involved into the social security of civilization.

besides, marshalls were always the punks who would grab somebody and explain right from wrong when the situation showed a problem.
there is a whole lot more tension of being arrested and put in jail before guilt (or having the situation reviewed from an outside source to get the full detail of both sides of the story).

i mean, you could be intolerant to alchohol.. but if you blow over the legal limit.. you are found guilty of being drunk.
the process of removing such an absurdity from the hands of the local government is quite a process, as you have to prove without a doubt that you are actually intolerant to the alchohol reading you blew.
failing a field sobriety test is as easy as being polite and talking to the cops instead of releasing your right (and pride).
i remember i got pulled over and never got a chance to walk a line.. and because i looked down and said something before putting my finger on my nose, i was brought in to the station to blow on the machine.

a cop is supposed to hold the right to find you guilty, as the guilt is what provides warrant to get involved in the first place.
but
cops can get stressed out and make mistakes, or become abusive and intolerable.

a movie is a movie, provided to be watched.
where it goes or who watches it is nothing more than choosing which rollercoaster to ride.
we can all watch horror.. and therefore we can all grasp a concept.
now if that concept is ethical or not is totally different.
conceptual art is exactly that.
how ethical the art is will be judged.
some people consider some wild things to be art.
could be cutting yourself or witnessing a sacrifice of a baby that was born specifically to be killed.
art could be jigsaw and the 'saw' series of movies.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
This is why American movies have a history of being dumed down. A movie might make 200 million in the USA but if it ports well to other countries they could make another 1 billion overseas. The easier a movie it is to follow and the less complex the plot points the more likely it will do well.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

They are ttrying to send M Night Shamylan back to school http://mnightschool.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.