Does this make sense?

bullseye

An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

Any thoughts on this?

"bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning
my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

My thoughts are this Dell Support Person (will not call this clown a tech),
doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground.
Continue with your regularly scheduled system maintenance.

At least you got an idiot from Texas who speaks English instead of the
typical Dell idiot from India.
"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message
> >
> > An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised
against
> > performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> > prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as
too
> > much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and
scanning
> my
> > disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this?
> >

> My thoughts are this Dell Support Person (will not call this clown a
tech),
> doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground.
> Continue with your regularly scheduled system maintenance.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

bullseye <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote:

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

> Any thoughts on this?

Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

bill

On 28 May 2004 21:50:53 GMT, Brian <brian@nospam.edu> wrote:

>Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

Took me a moment, then I got it. Thanks for lightening my evening.

Snoopy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

"bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning
my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Frequency would depend on usage IMO. Once a month is probably sufficient
but will once a week kill Windows? Highly unikely IMO. If it corrupts
Windows then Windows is even shittier than we all suspected!