Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Recognition Problems with TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphi..

Tags:
  • Silver
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 2:11:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I tried updating the OS of my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition graphing calculator
(after installing both the driver for the Calculator through the new device
wizard and the IT Connect software) and at that point it was being recognized
and tranferring fine. During the installation process of the OS the
calculator automatically turned off and as a result the entire process needed
to be repeated. But when I tried again, Windows didn't even recognize the
calculator like it did earlier, and named it an "Unknown Device" (previouly
it was called "TI Educational Device") so I was not able to retry the OS
installation process, and right now my calculator won't function at all...it
just says "Waiting for OS Install."

Please Help!

Thanks,
Devin

More about : recognition problems silver edition graphi

Anonymous
September 11, 2005 4:15:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Devin wrote:
> I tried updating the OS of my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition graphing
> calculator (after installing both the driver for the Calculator
> through the new device wizard and the IT Connect software) and at
> that point it was being recognized and tranferring fine. During the
> installation process of the OS the calculator automatically turned
> off and as a result the entire process needed to be repeated. But
> when I tried again, Windows didn't even recognize the calculator like
> it did earlier, and named it an "Unknown Device" (previouly it was
> called "TI Educational Device") so I was not able to retry the OS
> installation process, and right now my calculator won't function at
> all...it just says "Waiting for OS Install."

Did you remove the device from Device Manager - unhook the device - remove
any software related to the device, reboot and try the steps again?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 4:15:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I tried what you requested and still no luck. The problem is that before,
when I had no drivers, software or anything installed related to the
calculator, windows at least recognized the name of the Device (when I
plugged it in it would say "found TI-84 calculator"), but now, even after
trying to reinstall the software for IT Connect, Windows is not even getting
the name of the device, and it's labeled "unknown device". I assume this is
because after the calculator turned off during an OS installation, all data
was wiped which may be needed for windows to know anything about the device.

-Devin


"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Devin wrote:
> > I tried updating the OS of my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition graphing
> > calculator (after installing both the driver for the Calculator
> > through the new device wizard and the IT Connect software) and at
> > that point it was being recognized and tranferring fine. During the
> > installation process of the OS the calculator automatically turned
> > off and as a result the entire process needed to be repeated. But
> > when I tried again, Windows didn't even recognize the calculator like
> > it did earlier, and named it an "Unknown Device" (previouly it was
> > called "TI Educational Device") so I was not able to retry the OS
> > installation process, and right now my calculator won't function at
> > all...it just says "Waiting for OS Install."
>
> Did you remove the device from Device Manager - unhook the device - remove
> any software related to the device, reboot and try the steps again?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 4:48:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Devin wrote:
> Thanks for replying so quickly!
>
> I tried what you requested and still no luck. The problem is that
> before, when I had no drivers, software or anything installed related
> to the calculator, windows at least recognized the name of the Device
> (when I plugged it in it would say "found TI-84 calculator"), but
> now, even after trying to reinstall the software for IT Connect,
> Windows is not even getting the name of the device, and it's labeled
> "unknown device". I assume this is because after the calculator
> turned off during an OS installation, all data was wiped which may be
> needed for windows to know anything about the device.

Hmm.. unfortunately I don't know where to go from here - but perhaps someone
here:

http://www.ticalc.org/

might..

Have you tried "Updating" the drivers of the unknown device with those for
the calculator?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
August 24, 2011 5:56:13 PM

Did you find any solution, the same happened to me.
August 24, 2011 8:57:39 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!