I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt the
right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
Reply me asap, please.

Ensure your Caps Lock key is in the correct position (usually OFF) and that
you are indeed typing the right key....

S and 5 look very much alike. So do G and 6.. etc etc
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt
>the
> right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
> Reply me asap, please.

I am Sorry, but i seriously sure that i have put in the right product key.
but it still doesnt work at all

Patrick wrote:
> I am Sorry, but i seriously sure that i have put in the right product
> key. but it still doesnt work at all

If you are 100% sure you have entered the correct code - perhaps even had
someone else enter it/read it off to you while you enter it, etc - then you
have a bad CD Key.

Contact those you purchased this copy of Windows XP from.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Patrick wrote:
> I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt the
> right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
> Reply me asap, please.

You need to examine the Product Key very carefully. It's awfully
easy to mistake a "B" for an "8," a "G" for a "6," an "S" for a "5," or
a "Q" for a "0" or "O." Fortunately, Microsoft had the good sense to
leave the "1's," "I's," "O's," and "0's" out of the equation. Also, be
sure that your <CapsLock> is _off_ while entering the Product Key --
this isn't supposed to make a difference, but I've seen it do so, on
rare occasions.

Troubleshooting Invalid CD Key Error Message During Windows XP Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310637

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Hi,

Troubleshooting invalid CD key error message during Windows XP setup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310637

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/