Product Key

I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt the
right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
Reply me asap, please.
5 answers Last reply
More about product

    Ensure your Caps Lock key is in the correct position (usually OFF) and that
    you are indeed typing the right key....

    S and 5 look very much alike. So do G and 6.. etc etc
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt
    >the
    > right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
    > Reply me asap, please.

    I am Sorry, but i seriously sure that i have put in the right product key.
    but it still doesnt work at all

    Patrick wrote:
    > I am Sorry, but i seriously sure that i have put in the right product
    > key. but it still doesnt work at all

    If you are 100% sure you have entered the correct code - perhaps even had
    someone else enter it/read it off to you while you enter it, etc - then you
    have a bad CD Key.

    Contact those you purchased this copy of Windows XP from.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Patrick wrote:
    > I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt the
    > right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
    > Reply me asap, please.

    You need to examine the Product Key very carefully. It's awfully
    easy to mistake a "B" for an "8," a "G" for a "6," an "S" for a "5," or
    a "Q" for a "0" or "O." Fortunately, Microsoft had the good sense to
    leave the "1's," "I's," "O's," and "0's" out of the equation. Also, be
    sure that your <CapsLock> is _off_ while entering the Product Key --
    this isn't supposed to make a difference, but I've seen it do so, on
    rare occasions.

    Troubleshooting Invalid CD Key Error Message During Windows XP Setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310637

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hi,

    Troubleshooting invalid CD key error message during Windows XP setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310637

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I put in the right product key, but the computer respon me that it wasnt
    >the
    > right product key, what can i do in order to get it start up?
    > Reply me asap, please.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP