Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

cannot detect wirless base station mn-500

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 30, 2004 11:29:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

i have gone through the installation process and in the
setup the computer cannot detect the router. the cables
are fine all the lights on the router and the cable modem
are good and i have internet (obviously) when i remove
the router from the loop. it was a friends and worked
fine. i have reset it and my own computer several times
with no luck. no one has been able to help so far. any
suggestions? everyone is completely baffled as to why
the computer can't see the router. thanks in advance.
August 31, 2004 1:21:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Have you assigned a static IP address or a dynamic IP address to your
computer?

What version of Windows are you running?

Are you trying to connect wired or wireless?

What network card are you using?

When you "reset" the MN-500 did the power light blink amber & green or
just amber?

What kind of Internet connection are you configuring the MN-500 to share?

Mike wrote:

> i have gone through the installation process and in the
> setup the computer cannot detect the router. the cables
> are fine all the lights on the router and the cable modem
> are good and i have internet (obviously) when i remove
> the router from the loop. it was a friends and worked
> fine. i have reset it and my own computer several times
> with no luck. no one has been able to help so far. any
> suggestions? everyone is completely baffled as to why
> the computer can't see the router. thanks in advance.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 5:59:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

>Have you assigned a static IP address or a dynamic IP
address to your
>computer? i haven't assigned any address, it picks it up
from the modem
>
>What version of Windows are you running? xp home
>
>Are you trying to connect wired or wireless? wired
first, then wireless
>
>What network card are you using? realtek rtl8139/810x
>
>When you "reset" the MN-500 did the power light blink
amber & green or
>just amber? amber then green
>
>What kind of Internet connection are you configuring the
MN-500 to share? cable
Related resources
August 31, 2004 10:34:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Well Since you don't seem to know the IP address information on your
computer run ipconfig from the command prompt (just run "cmd" from the
run dialog box [with or without the quotes]).

Then please post the first three octets of the address or all four if it
is a 192.*.*.* address.

(The MN-500 by default hands out 192.168.2.2-40 addresses although it
normally never gives out a 2.2 address.)

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

>>Have you assigned a static IP address or a dynamic IP
>
> address to your
>
>>computer? i haven't assigned any address, it picks it up
>
> from the modem
>
>>What version of Windows are you running? xp home
>>
>>Are you trying to connect wired or wireless? wired
>
> first, then wireless
>
>>What network card are you using? realtek rtl8139/810x
>>
>>When you "reset" the MN-500 did the power light blink
>
> amber & green or
>
>>just amber? amber then green
>>
>>What kind of Internet connection are you configuring the
>
> MN-500 to share? cable
>
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 10:41:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Thanks joker but i got it all working. the computer
finally recognized the router and then everything went
like clockwork. thanks for offering the help.

Mike
September 2, 2004 3:37:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

How did you figure it out? I still am having problems
with my wireless laptop not finding the connection or
SSID or anything for that matter. It's as though the
base station does not exist and is not broadcasting
anything!


>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks joker but i got it all working. the computer
>finally recognized the router and then everything went
>like clockwork. thanks for offering the help.
>
>Mike
>
>.
>
!