folder sharing - in tears

hi

I have two computers. I can share the folders on my laptop and I can access
them on my desktop fine, but I need it to be the other way around.

The problem is if I share a folder on any of the 3 ntfs hard drives i have
jbod single spans and try and access the folder from my laptop (although I
can see it) when I try and enter the folder I get a 'not accessible, no
permission contact administrator ' type error.

To make things ever weirder if I share the cd drive or even an external ntfs
drive it shares perfectly and the laptop can see it.

I have checked and "everyone" has read access as I want.

Please help I have worked for hours on this and have completely run out of
ideas.

David

> I have checked and "everyone" has read access as I want.
>
> Please help I have worked for hours on this and have completely run out of
> ideas.

also I should add - when I try and access the folder on my laptop at the
bottom of the "contact your administrator" error it says not enough server
storage space to complete...

please help

David

"David Cleland" <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I have two computers. I can share the folders on my laptop and I can
access
> them on my desktop fine, but I need it to be the other way around.
>
> The problem is if I share a folder on any of the 3 ntfs hard drives i have
> jbod single spans and try and access the folder from my laptop (although I
> can see it) when I try and enter the folder I get a 'not accessible, no
> permission contact administrator ' type error.
>
> To make things ever weirder if I share the cd drive or even an external
ntfs
> drive it shares perfectly and the laptop can see it.
>
> I have checked and "everyone" has read access as I want.
>
> Please help I have worked for hours on this and have completely run out of
> ideas.
>
> David

This condition is usually fixed by applying the latest service pack.
Sometimes
it is caused by NAV or IBM AV:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177078

TRENDING THREADS