SP2 Upgrade Error

Hello,

I just finished installing SP2 for Win. XP Pro.
Now it take over 2 1/2 min.'s to bring up the users on my pc, and when i
login as one i get an error --"" Instruction at "0x7c80ac9b" referenced
memory at "0x80040119" the memory could not be read.
I've tried to boot in safe mode and i just get looped - Win. is running in
safe mode - i click ok and 5 sec. later it comes back up again ... Over and
over again ..
I'm about to through the damm thing out the window ...
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP !!!
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade error

    Hi,

    Chances are there was some malicious programs installed on the system, and
    now SP2's addition of DEP is causing it to have fits. My suggestion would be
    to run Spyware and AV programs from a BartPE disk
    (http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/) to clean the system out. If you can get the
    system stable enough in normal or safe mode, then you can run from within
    Windows, but otherwise it'll be easier to do this from outside the system
    OS.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Shoddy" <Shoddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just finished installing SP2 for Win. XP Pro.
    > Now it take over 2 1/2 min.'s to bring up the users on my pc, and when i
    > login as one i get an error --"" Instruction at "0x7c80ac9b" referenced
    > memory at "0x80040119" the memory could not be read.
    > I've tried to boot in safe mode and i just get looped - Win. is running in
    > safe mode - i click ok and 5 sec. later it comes back up again ... Over
    > and
    > over again ..
    > I'm about to through the damm thing out the window ...
    > Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP !!!

Safe Mode Windows XP