Sign in with
Your question

Is the Logitech G35 the best 7.1 Circumaural gaming headset?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 15, 2011 4:06:07 PM

I'm going to be buying soon, and wondered if anyone could suggest something better, or is this the one I should get?

Thanks
February 16, 2011 12:53:26 AM

The logitech G35 does not provide surround sound. Its only 2 channels (left and right)

It uses the Dolby Digital algorithm to simulate surround sound. The effect isn't bad but most sound cards and even onboard sound is cappable of using the same Dolby algorithms to convert any 2 channel headphone to 7 channels.

That being said, there are other better 2 channel headphones than the logitech G35. Sennheiser has a great selection.
February 16, 2011 12:35:29 PM

rofl_my_waffle said:
The logitech G35 does not provide surround sound. Its only 2 channels (left and right)

It uses the Dolby Digital algorithm to simulate surround sound. The effect isn't bad but most sound cards and even onboard sound is cappable of using the same Dolby algorithms to convert any 2 channel headphone to 7 channels.

That being said, there are other better 2 channel headphones than the logitech G35. Sennheiser has a great selection.

Any particular Sennheiser models that you recommend? My only thought there is I understand they're usually a little on the pricey side, and I'd say $140 is probably about my limit. I should have said is there anything in that price range that can beat the G35's?
!