Sign in with
Your question

Unable to update or download anything..or use email

Last response: in Windows 7
November 24, 2012 2:15:31 AM

Finally, my Outlook also doesn’t work. I get the following error message:
Task email address - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
November 24, 2012 5:20:32 AM

have you checked you computer for malware?

have you check the proxy settings under the Internet Settings?
m
l
November 24, 2012 9:51:45 PM

Hello Emerald,

Yes, I had malware and have cleaned the system. The issues still exist though.

Proxy settings are on automatically detect
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b 1 Email
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2012 1:31:11 AM

Sounds like you are not connected to the internet, have you checked cables, wifi connections, router, modem, checked with another system if it can get online?
m
l
November 26, 2012 5:04:00 PM

: ) Definitely connected to the web. I can navigate to any site and download programs to my desktop. The issue occurs when I download a file that must retrieve additional information from a website. The Outlook and this issue have been longstanding and originated when my motherboard went. Now I can only run 64 bit programs and thus my Outlook no longer works. The latest Adobe Flash update however now prevents me from viewing my webmail and online videos.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b 1 Email
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 27, 2012 1:24:31 PM

Even 64 bit Windows can run almost all 32 bit programs. Try disabling the firewall and test things.

I'd re-install Windows and run the drivers and program setups again if you can't run 32 bit programs.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b 1 Email
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 28, 2012 8:23:49 PM

Uninstall and re-install Flash, you could also try it in another browser like Firefox.

Did you check the Outlook settings for email?
m
l
!