Anyone get their Dell 8400 yet?

any day now!

"Mike" <reply@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
news:MPG.1b683743d7f5a0e0989690@news.bluefrog.biz...
> Just looking for feedback from folks who ACTUALLY HAVE their new machines
> up and running.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Mike

Mike

Splendid

In article <zOxLc.4501$bc7.1075@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
nospam@hotmail.com says...
> any day now!
>
> "Mike" <reply@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
> > Just looking for feedback from folks who ACTUALLY HAVE their new machines
> > up and running.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Mike

Good luck with you new machine....please tell us about it after you've
had it up and running for a couple of days.

Thanks,

Mike

Ordered mine on 10 July. As of today, it is still "In Production". I
ordered the 256 MB graphics card and the 20" flat monitor. This may be
causing the delay. Hope it comes soon so I can put away the laptop.

Mike in Kalamazoo

> In article <zOxLc.4501$bc7.1075@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
> nospam@hotmail.com says...
> > any day now!
> >
> > "Mike" <reply@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
> > > Just looking for feedback from folks who ACTUALLY HAVE their new
machines
> > > up and running.
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > Mike
> >

> Good luck with you new machine....please tell us about it after you've
> had it up and running for a couple of days.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Hi All,

Mine arrived this morning.

Well pleased,

I have been monitoring this newsgroup for some weeks now, reading the gripes
and moans, well all I can say is this is a very impressive piece of kit.

I am not yet online with it, so currently typing this up on my Celeron
2.0GHz processored laptop.

the machine I bought had the 128Mb graphics card, 250 Gb SATA hard drive,
DVD Rom drive and DVD R/W drive, and floppy drive.....3.0GHz Pentium P4.

I will do various tests on it, but to date it is very quiet in operation,
have the Audigy 2 Sound Card and 5:1 Speakers......very good quality
playback.

Have just been installing VirtualRPC-Adjust on it.....for those not in the
know this is an Acorn RiscPC emulator, allowing the machine to run as a very
fast emulated Acorn, this uses an ARM processor natively.

73 de John