Lost all my zone sounds, trying to do complete uninstall b..

Okay, back a couple of weeks ago, stupid me installed
RealPlayer. After doing so, I lost my Zone sounds
(specifically that cute little beep that tells me it's my
turn, but all the others ... but not the Zone friends
sounds). I uninstalled Real ... didn't help. I've
uninstalled Zone about 10-12 times. Tried to do a
complete uninstall but can't. I go to add/remove and it
SAYS it's done, but when I go to the file folder, there
are all the files that were preinstalled with XP on my
comp. I have even manually deleted the z files and
heartbeat but still no luck totally uninstalled it. It
was suggested that would correct the sound problem. If
there is anything else that would, I'm willing to try
it. Any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much. Michele

Michele wrote:

> Okay, back a couple of weeks ago, stupid me installed
> RealPlayer. After doing so, I lost my Zone sounds
> (specifically that cute little beep that tells me it's my
> turn, but all the others ... but not the Zone friends
> sounds). I uninstalled Real ... didn't help. I've
> uninstalled Zone about 10-12 times. Tried to do a
> complete uninstall but can't. I go to add/remove and it
> SAYS it's done, but when I go to the file folder, there
> are all the files that were preinstalled with XP on my
> comp. I have even manually deleted the z files and
> heartbeat but still no luck totally uninstalled it. It
> was suggested that would correct the sound problem. If
> there is anything else that would, I'm willing to try
> it. Any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much. Michele

It uses the default sound.. If Real Player changed or removed that
event, you won't have a default sound assigned.

Try assigning a sound to that event. Open Control Panel, Sounds, find
Default event, assign a sound.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck

>Try assigning a sound to that event. Open Control
Panel, Sounds, find
>Default event, assign a sound.
>
>--
>
>+Elmo_Tech
>MSN® Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

clvck

There is nothing called "default event" there ... no
event, nothing that is related to it. There are
no "zone" sounds either. Could it be called anything
else?

Thanks for the reply. I really miss my beep and
appreciate your taking the time.

sound to all the places that didn't have one assigned.
Restarted, went to the game and still no sounds at all.
Any other suggestions? I really need/want my sounds back.

Thank you.

michele wrote:

> [...]

For XP, you may need to follow the instructions on the following site.
Read the instructions atop the page, then download:

Fix the Ding Wav File.

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck