Help Sync Problem

Tags:
December 1, 2004 4:12:10 PM

Hi, please forgive what may be an elementary question. I had a Palm
viix. Now have a palm tungsten E. I installed the software for the
tungsten e, and tried to sync. It does not work. It hung on several
third party apps, which I deleted from my pc (games and little crud
stuff). It then ran through the hotsync, but did not synchronize my
contacts or my calendar. So, thinking I just had to sync one more
time, I tried, and it got hung again. Please, any help would be
wonderful, I've been struggling with this for six hours now. Oh, one
more symptom is that I have to choose my user name EVERY time I try to
sync, while on the viix that never happened. Should I have made a
different user name for the tungsten even though it will be the only
palm on this pc? Help, please. Thanks in advance.

More about : sync problem

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 12:54:27 AM

"cat" <catkelly13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, please forgive what may be an elementary question. I had a Palm
> viix. Now have a palm tungsten E. I installed the software for the
> tungsten e, and tried to sync. It does not work. It hung on several
> third party apps, which I deleted from my pc (games and little crud
> stuff). It then ran through the hotsync, but did not synchronize my
> contacts or my calendar. So, thinking I just had to sync one more
> time, I tried, and it got hung again. Please, any help would be
> wonderful, I've been struggling with this for six hours now. Oh, one
> more symptom is that I have to choose my user name EVERY time I try to
> sync, while on the viix that never happened. Should I have made a
> different user name for the tungsten even though it will be the only
> palm on this pc? Help, please. Thanks in advance.

Did you uninstall the old palm software first? And follow the exact the
directions in the manual for moving from a previous palm? I didnt, and that
screwed up my new palm with old stuff it synched across. So I'd say, RTFM,
as I failed to do. [ Fix was to uninstall, wipe the Palm, then follow the
instructions] Put a copy of your old palm directory somewhere else entirely
first.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:38:24 AM

I actually did RTFM after (partly before) I screwed up. Then I hard
booted the new palm, uninstalled and reinstalled the new palm software
and it still doesn't work. The FM didn't say to uninstall the old palm
software. I'm afraid if I do that that it will erase everything in my
old palm?

!