My Pictures folder using thumbnail view is missing folder and document file
names. Thumbnail is visible, but not the file's name. File names are visible
in other views (icon, list, etc.).

Earl,

See Tip #2 here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/tips/default.mspx

To turn off filenames, hold down the Shift key when you click to open a
folder in Windows Explorer or when you switch into thumbnail view. This will
turn of the file names, giving more space for the thumbnails. Doing it again
turns them back on.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Earl" <address@nowhere> wrote in message
> My Pictures folder using thumbnail view is missing folder and document
> file
> names. Thumbnail is visible, but not the file's name. File names are
> visible
> in other views (icon, list, etc.).

Thanks! I'm going to have to work on my eye/hand/mouse coordination (getting
old). Must have opened the folder accidently with the shift key depressed.

You're welcome.