Problem Connecting To Network Shares (MN-500)

Last response: in Networking
August 31, 2004 1:40:32 PM

I've got all my connections on the back of my MN-500 used. I've added a HUB
which is connected to the MN-500 basestation/router via it's UPLINK
connection on the back. As a result I am able to add more computers to get
on the Internet. My problem is.....every computer I attach to the HUB, NOT
the MN-500 router, can only get an IP and browse the Net and cannot view
network shares or the network neighbourhood. If I unplug the connection from
the HUB and connect it directly to the MN-500 router network shares works!
Whats up with that? Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried three different
hubs thinking it was the hub....

HELP...
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 1:40:33 PM

See if you can access the other computers by typing in the
ip directly. Start->run, and type:

\\192.168.0.2

or whatever the local ip is of the computer you want to
access. Does that work?

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 4:19:22 PM

nope didnt work...

> See if you can access the other computers by typing in the
> ip directly. Start->run, and type:
>
> \\192.168.0.2
>
> or whatever the local ip is of the computer you want to
> access. Does that work?

August 31, 2004 4:19:23 PM

Try pinging the other computers by IP address.

If that doesn't work then you most likely have a software firewall
installed on some of the computers.

!