firewall problem please help

dear Robert:
as i checked the event viewer the error source was service control
manager,and the error number was 7023.kindly reply me for what should i do
now??
regards,

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> select OK. if you get an error, check the event viewer and post back with the error.
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
> Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
> "Ahmad Al-Nahar" <AhmadAlNahar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83EE1106-48C8-4AD5-A538-54545AF6005A@microsoft.com...
> dear all:
> when i try to operate the firewall service the following message appears:
> "windows firewall settings can not be displayed because the associated
> service is not running .do you want to start windows/firewall (ICS) service??
> ok cancel
> "
> please note that i have win xp sp2 and norton antivirus 2005 installed on
> my computer and i use ADSL 1.2 Mbps line.
> kindly help me to make my firewall on .
> regards,

Was this post helpful to you?
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall problem help

    'When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP
    Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after
    five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer'
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889320&SD=tech

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Ahmad Al-Nahar wrote:
    > dear Robert:
    > as i checked the event viewer the error source was service control
    > manager,and the error number was 7023.kindly reply me for what should i do
    > now??
    > regards,
    >
    > "Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >

    >>select OK. if you get an error, check the event viewer and post back with the error.
    >>
    >>Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >>How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    >>Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
    >> "Ahmad Al-Nahar" <AhmadAlNahar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83EE1106-48C8-4AD5-A538-54545AF6005A@microsoft.com...
    >> dear all:
    >> when i try to operate the firewall service the following message appears:
    >> "windows firewall settings can not be displayed because the associated
    >> service is not running .do you want to start windows/firewall (ICS) service??
    >> ok cancel
    >> "
    >> please note that i have win xp sp2 and norton antivirus 2005 installed on
    >> my computer and i use ADSL 1.2 Mbps line.
    >> kindly help me to make my firewall on .
    >> regards,
    >>

    > Was this post helpful to you?

Firewalls Windows XP