Need help, have a prob installing winXP on new rig

arussell

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
Ok, first, im trying to install winXP in a new system on a WD raptor(SATA). The mobo im using is MSI K8T-FIS2R for A64s. The mobo has 2 different SATA controllers, VIA(non-raid) and promise(non-raid and raid). I know the power supply is hooked up right(using the SATA power connector) and I have the SATA cable connected to the VIA controller(SER1). In bios, I have the promise SATA controller under PCI periphirals disabled and I have the VIA PATA and SATA enabled. When I go into windows XP setup, I press f6, it brings up the install SATA/RAID or whatever portion. I press S and add the VIA SATA raid controller for WinXP off of the VIA disk and press enter to install. It goes through a bunch of loading stuff and then goes to the winXP install screen. I press enter to install XP but it says there is no hard disk installed. Please help, really aggravating me now :(. Thanks in advance!

System on the way:
Antec Sonata Case w/380W PSU
Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R
1 GB Mushkin PC3500
Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO
WD Raptor 74 GB

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
I press enter to install XP but it says there is no hard disk installed.
Have you tried downloading a different version of the driver? Have you tried using the other SATA controller? Maybe you have to enter the RAID BIOS and designate it as a boot array?

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution