Solved

Problem with Logitech z506

I realize these aren't truly high-end speakers, but this was the closest category I could think of. I bought, about 3 months ago, a Logitech z506 5.1 system for my computer. They worked fine initially but in the last few days, I have noticed that the sound on the two front speakers has stopped outputting; though, the front speaker with the volume knob will still control the volume. The sub-woofer also hits very quietly, even turned all the way up. I played around with my sound card's settings to see if i could get the front speakers to output- I have a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. I had the sound card's profile set on game, and when I changed it to entertainment, I got sound to the front two speakers, but the sound stopped from the rear two and the center. Then, by pressing the inputs into the sub-woofer really hard and holding them there, I got that to start hitting nicely again. Ultimately, I'm not sure whether this is a speaker problem or a sound card problem. Any thoughts? I can provide other system information if its needed. Thanks! :D
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem logitech z506
  1. Best answer
    The solder connections in the sub are broken, or the plug for the audio, into the sub is broken.
  2. Ahhh, I suspected as much. Thank you very much!
  3. Best answer selected by koolkat574.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Speakers Sound Cards Logitech Audio