Some of my video files are not working for want of Indeo Video Codec. I have
been working on a video convert tool as my last application. I do not know
what happened and this got corrupted. It gives pop up message for MS Encarta
Video files saying "The program you are trying to run requires a current
Indeo codec.To obtain a current driver that is compatible with this version
of Windows, please contact the manufacturer at http://indeo.ligos.com.". When
I check with them, they ask me to contact OS supplier.

I even tried system restore. It didn't work. Now what should I do? someone
pl. help me.
--
indianVijay

I'm having the same problem when I try to use the video feature for my web cam.
Apparently Microsoft is no longer using Indeo codecs. Now you have to pay to
get the proper compatible Indeo codecs for Windows XP.
Using Google I typed in Indeo Codecs and came across a site where you can
get the proper Indeo codec drivers.... at a cost.
I think the site was Cnet downloads or something like that.

"Indianvijay" wrote:

> Some of my video files are not working for want of Indeo Video Codec. I have
> been working on a video convert tool as my last application. I do not know
> what happened and this got corrupted. It gives pop up message for MS Encarta
> Video files saying "The program you are trying to run requires a current
> Indeo codec.To obtain a current driver that is compatible with this version
> of Windows, please contact the manufacturer at http://indeo.ligos.com.". When
> I check with them, they ask me to contact OS supplier.
>
> I even tried system restore. It didn't work. Now what should I do? someone
> pl. help me.
> --
> indianVijay

Hi Switch,
I have found a solution for this. It seems Intel Indeo codec has been made
it free until recently. Type Inel Indeo Codec Download and search in google.
You will get a solution for download. Update the corrupted file. It will be
OK. I heard some of the Real player supporters hack such files to promote
their codec and make you to 'BUY' .
--
indianVijay