JB

i uploaded windows xp into my system however when i tried to change my
display settings on the control panel the screen resolution slide is on
default and i cannot move it or change it. How do i turn off the default
monitor setting and if there's none, is there another way to change the
display settings?

Malke

jb wrote:

> i uploaded windows xp into my system however when i tried to change my
> display settings on the control panel the screen resolution slide is
> on default and i cannot move it or change it. How do i turn off the
> default monitor setting and if there's none, is there another way to
> change the display settings?

By "uploaded" I assume you mean you installed Windows XP. You also need
to install the drivers for your hardware. If you are unsure what
hardware is in your computer, look in the manual and/or paperwork that
came with the computer or run one of these free system inventory
programs:

http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1 (Everest Home
Edition)
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html (Belarc Advisor)

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers