Missing My Recent Documents List

Hello All, I cannot get My Recent Documents to show up on my main User Start
Page. I already went in to enable My Recent Documents under Start,
Properties, Start Menu, Customize, etc.

If I create a second user on the same machine, I can get the My Recent
Documents to show up on the Start Page.

Does anyone know what's missing or corrupted? I can't find a difference
that does anything. Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
--
Dave B.
3 answers Last reply

    Do you have TweakUI?

    TweakUI
    [+] Explorer

    Check this one.
     Allow Recent Documents on Start menu
    [[This check box enables the display of “Documents” on the classic start
    menu and enables the “List my most recently opened documents” checkbox on
    the Start menu customization dialog.]]

    Uncheck this one.
     Clear document history on exit
    [[This check box will control whether Explorer will clear the recent
    documents history, run dialog history and typed-URL history when
    you log off]]

    Check this one.
     Maintain document history
    [[This enables the tracking of recently opened documents on the Start menu
    and on the file menu of many applications. (Note that some applications do
    not respect this setting). ]]

    If XP Pro you can use Group Edit...
    Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |
    Navigate to >>>
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\

    Look at the settings for...
    Remove the Documents menu from the Start menu.
    Do not keep history of recently opened documents
    Clear history of recently opened documents on exit

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:22C43872-38C9-45A9-8211-DB59F1ED91CB@microsoft.com,
    Dave B. <DaveB@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Dave B." <DaveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All, I cannot get My Recent Documents to show up on my main User
    > Start
    > Page. I already went in to enable My Recent Documents under Start,
    > Properties, Start Menu, Customize, etc.
    >
    > If I create a second user on the same machine, I can get the My Recent
    > Documents to show up on the Start Page.
    >
    > Does anyone know what's missing or corrupted? I can't find a difference
    > that does anything. Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
    > --
    > Dave B.
    The folder that holds the icons for recent documents? There should be such
    a folder for each user.
    Jim

    Thanks for the feedback Wesley. I think the problem comes from running an
    application inside Counterspy. I think it deleted the ability to have the
    Recent Documents.

    I'll download TweakUI and follow your instructions. Thanks for the
    information!
    --
    Dave B.

Microsoft Customization Windows XP