How to fix codec problems?

Hello,
I used to play flv and mkv video files in my laptop before. But a few months back, I had to install the Combined community codec pack for a video converter program. So now, (I don't really know exactly what happened) I can no longer play flv and mkv file formats. Media player classic shows a prompt about not being able to render the file and that I may not have the necessary codec to play the video. Uninstalling the CCCP didn't really solve the problem. I have the K-lite codec pack (ver. 7.2.0) installed before I got the CCCP and I have not touched it whatsoever, for fear that I might cause more trouble. SO, my question is, how can I restore my codec setting to be able to play flv and mkv video files again?
3 answers Last reply
More about codec problems
  1. VLC? Just use that to play stuff.
  2. sounds like the codecs got messed up. eather reinstall klite or get VNC or MPC and use those to play movies. I like Media Player Classic, but that's just me, I like spacebar to pause.
  3. He already uses MPC to play stuff. But I think MPC uses codecs to render things. VLC doesn't while GOM does.
Ask a new question

Read More

MKV Codec Video Windows 7