TSPP owners - heads up

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2005 5:57:45 PM

I just fixed a couple coil brackets for Mike Milligan and I see a
serious design flaw in this bracket. This is the kickout coil mounting
assembly that goes under the couch (does someone have a part # for this?)
The problem is that the coil stop is one piece with the weldment and is
VERY weak at the 90 degree bend. The stop will eventually bend backwards
allowing the coil and sleeve to pop out and get stuck. The bracket is
readily available but they haven't apparently fixed the flaw. To fix
Mike's I welded on a single gusset to support the coil stop. This must
be welded and ground flat since the assembly mounts flat. Done correctly
it still leaves room to install the coil and sit flat when mounted.
I would like to give a notice to Stern about this but would like a part
number if anyone knows it. Hopefully they will then update their design
for this critical piece.
--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

More about : tspp owners heads

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 7:22:47 PM

Clifford part number is 535-9193-00 couch weldment frame (black)

I believe Stern recognized this problem and on later runs utilized a
bracket that mounts at a 90 degree angle behind the coil stop end of
the couch weldment to reinforce the back of the coil stop, using an
existing screw and screw hole.

I can get this additional bracket if anyone needs one (or more), price
would be $4, p/n is 535-9307-00. I should also be able to get the couch
weldment itself, if anyone wants to start out fresh in this area.

Dave

Cliffy wrote:

> I just fixed a couple coil brackets for Mike Milligan and I see a
> serious design flaw in this bracket. This is the kickout coil mounting
> assembly that goes under the couch (does someone have a part # for this?)
> The problem is that the coil stop is one piece with the weldment and is
> VERY weak at the 90 degree bend. The stop will eventually bend backwards
> allowing the coil and sleeve to pop out and get stuck. The bracket is
> readily available but they haven't apparently fixed the flaw. To fix
> Mike's I welded on a single gusset to support the coil stop. This must
> be welded and ground flat since the assembly mounts flat. Done correctly
> it still leaves room to install the coil and sit flat when mounted.
> I would like to give a notice to Stern about this but would like a part
> number if anyone knows it. Hopefully they will then update their design
> for this critical piece.
> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!