Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mouse control

Tags:
  • Control Panel
  • Mice
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 12, 2005 5:28:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello everybody,

I have 2 small problems, which may be related :

1/
For some reason I cannot adjust my mouse parameters : I cannot find anymore
the mouse utililty in the control panel.
my mouse is working but I would like to ajust the settings.
How can I reinstall the mouse control in the control panel ?

2/
Using IE, when I click on a link or a button in a toolbar, quite often the
page displayed jumps a bit vertically.

anyone ?

many thanks in advance for your kind help.
Best regards,
Daniel

More about : mouse control

September 12, 2005 5:28:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Daniel wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have 2 small problems, which may be related :
>
> 1/
> For some reason I cannot adjust my mouse parameters : I cannot find
> anymore the mouse utililty in the control panel.
> my mouse is working but I would like to ajust the settings.
> How can I reinstall the mouse control in the control panel ?
>
> 2/
> Using IE, when I click on a link or a button in a toolbar, quite often
> the page displayed jumps a bit vertically.
>

Reinstall your mouse drivers. If it is anything except a plain vanilla
generic mouse, get the drivers from the mftr.'s website.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
September 12, 2005 10:49:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello Malke,

Many tks for your message.
I did it and it seems to be OK, except that the page displayed still jumps
now and again when I click.

Tks again for your kind help.

Daniel


"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:uJCj75ytFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Daniel wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have 2 small problems, which may be related :
> >
> > 1/
> > For some reason I cannot adjust my mouse parameters : I cannot find
> > anymore the mouse utililty in the control panel.
> > my mouse is working but I would like to ajust the settings.
> > How can I reinstall the mouse control in the control panel ?
> >
> > 2/
> > Using IE, when I click on a link or a button in a toolbar, quite often
> > the page displayed jumps a bit vertically.
> >
>
> Reinstall your mouse drivers. If it is anything except a plain vanilla
> generic mouse, get the drivers from the mftr.'s website.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
September 12, 2005 10:49:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Daniel wrote:

> Hello Malke,
>
> Many tks for your message.
> I did it and it seems to be OK, except that the page displayed still
> jumps now and again when I click.
>

If you updated the mouse drivers and are still having problems, then you
should also update the drivers for your video card. Again, get the
drivers from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
!