sign in, sign out problems

For the last few days I cant sign into the zone the normal way when I try to sign in I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message. No matter what I did I could not work around it within the zone and trust me zone help dont help. Icalled my local
isp "comcast cable" they did try to help by checking my connection but that did not help. I also have a hot mail account and I discovered that if I cleared all cookies relating to the zone and my hotmail, I could do a search after signing into my mail account for the zone and click and enter that way. I thought that might help but when I signed out a page came up that says "sign out from zone failed". So I believe there must be a file somewhere on my system that believes I am still signed in to the zone. Oh by the way I can sign in to the zone without any problem from a different location. Can any one help me?

tgofnj wrote:

> For the last few days I cant sign into the zone the normal way when I try to sign in I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message. No matter what I did I could not work around it within the zone and trust me zone help dont help. Icalled my local
> isp "comcast cable" they did try to help by checking my connection but that did not help. I also have a hot mail account and I discovered that if I cleared all cookies relating to the zone and my hotmail, I could do a search after signing into my mail account for the zone and click and enter that way. I thought that might help but when I signed out a page came up that says "sign out from zone failed". So I believe there must be a file somewhere on my system that believes I am still signed in to the zone. Oh by the way I can sign in to the zone without any problem from a different location. Can any one help me?

Try clearing your cache:

http://is.asu.edu/instruction/training/clearcache.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck

Hi.
Looks like we are in the same boat m8
Tryed it all and i meen all, still no go... just a question...did you dowload that msxml4.0 oppdate that microsoft relest ??
Here is what i tryed= Delited cokkies, temp files, zone files, firevall, cache, did a regg cleen, ets (se my post..3 down), i allso tryed a diff router.
I think (just guesing) that msxml 4.0 has done/shange somthing in the regestry, but dont know what..Zone was working fine intil i did that download, but im just guessing here...pz someone help !!
If you get it sorted, can you pz post it, and i do the same..good luck m8

Hi.
Think i found the problem...have not tryed it yet as im at work but, it looks promising..Can someone on MS pz comment ?

"Security tightened when posting data using the ServerXmlHttp object
Security in the implementation of the MSXML 4.0 SP2 ServerXmlHttp object has been enhanced to check the Internet Explorer security policy setting for submitting non-encrypted form data. A security policy setting of "Disable" or "Prompt" for the "Submit nonencrypted form data" option will result in an "Access Denied" error message when attempting to post form data using the ServerXmlHttp object. This is a change that can potentially break existing code that uses earlier versions of the ServerXmlHttp object (such as prior released versions of both MSXML 3.0 and MSXML 4.0) to post form data when the Internet Explorer security policy setting for submitting non-encrypted form data is not enabled.

To configure Internet Explorer security to allow submitting nonencrypted form data for all users on a computer, do the following in Windows 2000 and later:

From the Start menu, click Run, type "mmc" and then press ENTER.
From the File menu, select Add/Remove Snap-In.
In Add/Remove Snap-In, click Add.
In Add Standalone Snap-In, from the list of available snap-ins, scroll to Resultant Set of Policy and select it, and then click Add.
The Resultant Set of Policy Wizard appears.

Complete the Resultant Set of Policy Wizard using the following settings:
For Mode Selection, select Logging mode
For Compute Selection, select this computer.
For User Selection, select Display policy settings for and Current user.
In the Resultant Set of Policy snap-in, expand the treeview in the action pane and browse to Security.
Tip The path in the treeview is as follows:
Console Root
[username] on [machinename] - RSoP
User Configuration
Windows Settings
Internet Explorer Maintenance
Security
In the details pane, select Security Zones and Content Ratings.
From the Action menu, select Properties.
In Security Zones and Content Ratings, select Import the current security zones and privacy settings.
Click View Settings.
In View Settings, modify the settings to enable the "Submit nonencrypted form data" option for the appropriate zone.
The zone for which the setting should be enabled is determined by the zone under which the target URL of the POST operation is classified. For instance, when posting to an Internet URL you will need to enable this option for the Internet zone. "

_79_kk
Could you give that to me in plain english and did it cure your problem.

hi.
Dont know if it works yet, as im stil at work but will try it as soon as i get home (15.oo gmt), but it looks promesing.
Looks like that msxml.4.0 wil stop som information beeing sent when you try to log on, and therfor it fails to load..but again im just guessing here..
Will post as soon as i have tryed it...wish me luck ...lol

Would be great if someone at MS could coment on this PZ ............

hi again.
Looks like win 2000 that im running dont have the same settup as posted over...grrr.. so i cant test it..
Dont have "Resultant set of policy" in "snap in"...so im stil stuk..

_79_kk

I think I found the problem it's in the user profile I am running XP so I dont know if this will help you.
go here >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444#8 follow instuctions on user profile if you can.
I created a new user on my system rebooted into that user and everything worked fine. Now all I have to do is save all my personal stuff or move it to the new user if I can LOL and delete my old user file "Why cant it be simple"

Tony... Good Luck