Yikes! Dishonest employee at Dell??

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
May 30, 2004 5:15:16 PM

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G6D011F68

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 5:15:17 PM

Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have been
an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of laptops
a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.

Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to put
your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.

"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?G6D011F68
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 5:15:18 PM

"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have
been
> an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of
laptops
> a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.
>
> Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to
put
> your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.

Have to agree here.

The repair techs have such easy access to parts I doubt they'd have to steal
anything let alone deliberately hide it by swapping a customers part.

I'm sure that if this even happened the chip was simply a known good dimm
used for testing/trouble shooting that was accidentally left in the system.
No more no less.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).

Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.

Tom
"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?G6D011F68
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 5:25:31 PM

Tom Scales wrote:
> Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
> dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).
>
> Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.
>
> Tom

I think the appropriate comment is:

"Never attribute to malice what may be equally well explained by
incompetence."

No idea who said that originally; I've seen it attributed to everyone
from the British WwII prime minister Winston Churchill to the American
science fiction author Robert Heinlein. (As well as numerous variations
on the same theme.) I've always liked the quote, though.

Bob Pownall
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:30:15 PM

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in

> Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> intentional.

I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?

--
pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
Anonymous

Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
"Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
>
> > Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> > intentional.
>
> I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
>
> --
> pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:30:16 PM

Hey, I'm a patriotic American, but how else can you explain the number of
lawyers per capita that we have.

"Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
>
> > Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> > intentional.
>
> I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
>
> --
> pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:30:17 PM

It has nothing to do with Dell actually. Try to grasp the concept.

"Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote in message
> Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
> "Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
> >
> > > Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> > > intentional.
> >
> > I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> > awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
> >
> > --
> > pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:30:17 PM

You honestly believe someone would risk their job by stealing a DIMM?
Please.

Tom
"Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote in message
> Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
> "Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
> >
> > > Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> > > intentional.
> >
> > I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> > awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
> >
> > --
> > pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:30:17 PM

Because if you lie, cheat and steal you get higher grades in law school?

--
Steve Williams

> Hey, I'm a patriotic American, but how else can you explain the number
of
> lawyers per capita that we have.
>

> "Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
> >
> > > Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
> > > intentional.
> >
> > I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> > awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
> >
> > --
> > pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com

May 30, 2004 11:55:06 PM

In one word, YES.

I have seen even dumber than that.

> You honestly believe someone would risk their job by stealing a DIMM?
> Please.
>
> Tom
> "Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote in message
> > Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
> > "Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message
> > > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in

> > > I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
> > > awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?
> > >
> > > --
> > > pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com

May 31, 2004 12:41:20 AM

Whoa, I didn't want to start any fights, anyone. I must agree, on second
thought, that it almost had to be a mistake. Now, for that comment about us
having all those lawyers, I'm filing a law suit on behalf of all offended
Americans for that slanderous comment!

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 12:41:21 AM

LOL

> Whoa, I didn't want to start any fights, anyone. I must agree, on second
> thought, that it almost had to be a mistake. Now, for that comment about
us
> having all those lawyers, I'm filing a law suit on behalf of all offended
> Americans for that slanderous comment!
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 1:23:31 AM

And your point is Kevin...
1. Anything negative attributed to Dell must be true.
2. Anyone who stands up for Dell is a "Dell heads".

The reality is there are not enough facts to determine if this is an
accident or deliberate.
There are not even enough facts to determine the truthfulness of the
post.
Often what is missing is at least as important as what is listed.

Lastly your need to call people you perceive as Dell supporters names,
shows more of your own insecurities than it says about anyone else.

--
Jupiter Jones
Check the following link for some great problem solving newsgroups.

"Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote in message
> Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
May 31, 2004 1:43:51 AM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 13:25:30 -0400, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
>dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).
>
>Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.
>
>Tom
>"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?G6D011F68
>>
>> --
>> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

This is not the place for political discussions, but reading your
trashing of the people of the United States of America, shows your
ignorance and rudeness. The rest of the world thinks Americans are
arrogant because we think we have the best country in the world. The
rest of the world is right. We do have an arrogance of knowing we have
the best country in the world.
It is an attitude and air everyone from their own countries should
have, thinking they are from the best country in the world. It shows
the deepest love for your country, no matter what your ignorant heart
says about us.

To the rest of the world, stand up for your own countries with the
love and arrogance Americans have for the U.S. Believe you are the
best as we, as Americans, believe we are the best.

BTW: Next time your country is in trouble. The United States of
America will still be their, no matter what.
May 31, 2004 2:27:24 AM

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

> "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have
>
> been
>
>>an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of
>
> laptops
>
>>a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.
>>
>>Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to
>
> put
>
>>your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.
>
> Have to agree here.
>
> The repair techs have such easy access to parts I doubt they'd have to steal
> anything let alone deliberately hide it by swapping a customers part.
>
> I'm sure that if this even happened the chip was simply a known good dimm
> used for testing/trouble shooting that was accidentally left in the system.
> No more no less.

I agree - no guarantee but IMHO it's the most likely scenario.
May 31, 2004 2:28:50 AM

Tom Scales wrote:

> Hey, I'm a patriotic American, but how else can you explain the number of
> lawyers per capita that we have.

They multiply in underground nests like rats?
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 5:39:01 PM

The organic entity known as Acadia communicated the following:

> Whoa, I didn't want to start any fights, anyone. I must agree, on
> second thought, that it almost had to be a mistake. Now, for that
> comment about us having all those lawyers, I'm filing a law suit on
> behalf of all offended Americans for that slanderous comment!

99% of the lawyers give the rest a bad name!
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 9:50:33 AM

In a mirror?

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In one word, YES.
>
> I have seen even dumber than that.

> > You honestly believe someone would risk their job by stealing a DIMM?
> > Please.
> >
> > Tom
> > "Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote in message
> > > Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
> > > "Pat Blank" <use_email@in.sig> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 3:57:42 PM

Clearly the op is unable to follow direction. When Dell has you send a
laptop in for service they ask you to remove the memory, hard disk, battery,
and any of the media drives. If any of those parts were suspect they would
send them directly to the customer for the customer to install themselves
(just like the replacement memory that the op speaks of). Seems like a
stand up company to send out a part to a complaining customer that both
could not follow instructions and is probably not being truthful. I am sure
that they would welcome him to follow through on his threat to not purchase
from them again. Nobody wants customers like that.

!