XP and Microsoft Office Compatibility

Are older Microsoft Office Software versions compatible with Windows XP Home?
If so, which versions? Has anyone used Office 97 on XP Home? Thanks.

--
pcm
5 answers Last reply

    all of them are compatible.

    Office 97 works fine on XP Professional.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    In news:9B776BC9-0821-4C10-95BD-7AD4B9FAA021@microsoft.com,
    pcm <pcm@discuss.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Are older Microsoft Office Software versions compatible with
    > Windows
    > XP Home?

    Yes.

    > If so, which versions?

    At least Office 97 and later. I've also personally used Word 95,
    but I can't speak about the other components of Office 95.

    > Has anyone used Office 97 on XP
    > Home? Thanks.

    Many people have. There's no problem with it.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Glad to hear that. Thanks.
    --
    pcm

    In news:92BDC9E3-4D5A-4613-8760-36462E9896CC@microsoft.com,
    pcm <pcm@discuss.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Glad to hear that. Thanks.

    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> In news:9B776BC9-0821-4C10-95BD-7AD4B9FAA021@microsoft.com,
    >> pcm <pcm@discuss.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> Are older Microsoft Office Software versions compatible with
    >>> Windows
    >>> XP Home?
    >>

    >> Yes.
    >>

    >>> If so, which versions?
    >>

    >> At least Office 97 and later. I've also personally used Word
    >> 95,
    >> but I can't speak about the other components of Office 95.
    >>

    >>> Has anyone used Office 97 on XP
    >>> Home? Thanks.
    >>

    >> Many people have. There's no problem with it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

Compatibility Office Windows XP