The pop-ups that WOULD NOT DIE!

September 11, 2005 10:46:02 PM

Running WinXP Home Edition over DSL network. Have Panicware Pop-Up Stopper,
Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, SpySubtract and CWShredder. Firewall up and running.
Explorer set to block all pop-ups. I have browsed all past threads here
regarding pop-up problems, and have followed advice of most everyone. I ran
Ad-Aware 3x in a row (after I had disconnected cable) and was getting pop-ups
while it was running! Each time I ran program there was additional "critical
objects" listed that needed to be deleted.

I still have persistent pop-ups that just won't go away, particularly from
Aurora-Part of the ABI Network (home of the famous PartyPoker.com), and
others such as US Immigration wanting to know if I need a Green Card (I
don't).

I did not have this problem before I had to reinstall WinXP and all
associated programs. Even downloaded SP2 and all updates. What more can I do?

More about : pop ups die

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 1:13:09 AM

Try scanning your machine while running in Safe Mode.

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"FFP Pat" <FFPPat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running WinXP Home Edition over DSL network. Have Panicware Pop-Up
> Stopper,
> Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, SpySubtract and CWShredder. Firewall up and running.
> Explorer set to block all pop-ups. I have browsed all past threads here
> regarding pop-up problems, and have followed advice of most everyone. I
> ran
> Ad-Aware 3x in a row (after I had disconnected cable) and was getting
> pop-ups
> while it was running! Each time I ran program there was additional
> "critical
> objects" listed that needed to be deleted.
>
> I still have persistent pop-ups that just won't go away, particularly from
> Aurora-Part of the ABI Network (home of the famous PartyPoker.com), and
> others such as US Immigration wanting to know if I need a Green Card (I
> don't).
>
> I did not have this problem before I had to reinstall WinXP and all
> associated programs. Even downloaded SP2 and all updates. What more can I
> do?
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 5:53:49 AM

Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.
Install ewido security suite
When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu
Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
The program will now open to the main screen.
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
Then click on Start Update.
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being
installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
Exit ewido. DO NOT SCAN YET.

Download CCleaner and install it, but do not run it yet.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ccsetup123.exe

Download HijackThis unzip it but do not run it yet.

Please download this file: Revised Installer for the Nailfix Utility
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/nailfix1.exe
Save it to your desktop.
DO NOT RUN IT YET.

Next configure Windows to show all files

Do one of the following:
In Windows XP, on the taskbar, click Start > My Computer.
In Windows 2000/Me/98, on the Windows desktop, double-click the My Computer
icon.
Do one of the following:
In Windows XP/2000/Me, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
In Windows 98, on the View menu, click Folder Options.
On the View tab, uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
Do one of the following:
In Windows XP/2000/Me, uncheck Hide protected operating system files. Then,
under the "Hidden files" folder, click Show hidden files and folders.
In Windows 98, in the Advanced Settings box, under the "Hidden files"
folder, click Show all files.
If you see a warning message, click Yes.
Click Apply.
Click OK.

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
Restart your computer.After hearing your computer beep once during startup,
but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.Instead of Windows loading as
normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Once in Safe Mode, please double-click on nailfix.exe.
Click "Next" in the setup
Make sure "Run Nailfix" is checked and click "Finish".
Your desktop and icons will disappear and reappear, and a window should open
and close very quickly --- this is normal.

Now open ewido and do a scan of your system.
Click on scanner
Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
NOTE: During some scans with ewido it may find cases of false positives.
You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the
action.
DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now as the action.
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of
the screen named Save report
Click Save report.
Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find
it easily.

Now run HijackThis, click Scan, and place a checkmark next to each of the
following items:

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe

Close all open windows except for HJT, then click the Fix Checked button.
Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following File
C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
For Windows NT or 2000 it would be
C:\winnt\Nail.exe

Now run CCleaner
Uncheck "Cookies" under "Internet Explorer".
If running Firefox: click on the "Applications" tab and uncheck "Cookies"
under "Firefox".
Click on Run Cleaner in the lower right-hand corner. This can take quite a
while to run.

Finally, restart your computer in normal mode and please post a new
HijackThis log, as well as the report log from the Ewido scan by using Add
Reply.

If IE is not working, the links I gave you are direct download links and
should work. If they don't then paste them into another browser or explorer
window. If you have no other browser then email me with a valid email
address and I will send you one. We will fix IE after all the spyware is
gone.

"FFP Pat" <FFPPat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running WinXP Home Edition over DSL network. Have Panicware Pop-Up
> Stopper,
> Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, SpySubtract and CWShredder. Firewall up and running.
> Explorer set to block all pop-ups. I have browsed all past threads here
> regarding pop-up problems, and have followed advice of most everyone. I
> ran
> Ad-Aware 3x in a row (after I had disconnected cable) and was getting
> pop-ups
> while it was running! Each time I ran program there was additional
> "critical
> objects" listed that needed to be deleted.
>
> I still have persistent pop-ups that just won't go away, particularly from
> Aurora-Part of the ABI Network (home of the famous PartyPoker.com), and
> others such as US Immigration wanting to know if I need a Green Card (I
> don't).
>
> I did not have this problem before I had to reinstall WinXP and all
> associated programs. Even downloaded SP2 and all updates. What more can I
> do?
September 12, 2005 6:33:46 AM

In article <Nc5Ve.203$2J3.166@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

All applications can be found directly at the vendors sites and don't
have to be downloaded from private unverified sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Search all you want idiot you won't find nailfix1.exe except on my website.
There are only 2 versions available, mine is the only one that works. You
cannot thoroughly fix Aurora/nail without it. You see what your obsessed,
know nothing, stalking ass has done. You are so obsessed with me you are
giving out bad, wrong, way off topic posts, not only in this post but others
as well.

> In article <Nc5Ve.203$2J3.166@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.
>
> Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
> of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
> or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
> direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
> place to download their application.
>
> All applications can be found directly at the vendors sites and don't
> have to be downloaded from private unverified sites.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:49:52 AM

In article <jG6Ve.105$Ob2.55@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Search all you want idiot you won't find nailfix1.exe except on my website.
> There are only 2 versions available, mine is the only one that works. You
> cannot thoroughly fix Aurora/nail without it. You see what your obsessed,
> know nothing, stalking ass has done. You are so obsessed with me you are
> giving out bad, wrong, way off topic posts, not only in this post but others
> as well.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27710.html

http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=5104

You might want to search the net before you head swells any more.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:35:31 PM

Like I said before, there are only 2 versions available mine is the only one
that works. What you posted is not the same file. The instructions they give
have been modified from my original but I don't care about petty stuff like
that.

> In article <jG6Ve.105$Ob2.55@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Search all you want idiot you won't find nailfix1.exe except on my
>> website.
>> There are only 2 versions available, mine is the only one that works. You
>> cannot thoroughly fix Aurora/nail without it. You see what your obsessed,
>> know nothing, stalking ass has done. You are so obsessed with me you are
>> giving out bad, wrong, way off topic posts, not only in this post but
>> others
>> as well.
>
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27710.html
>
> http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=5104
>
> You might want to search the net before you head swells any more.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:37:39 PM

In article <7fhVe.3772$6e1.2642@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Like I said before, there are only 2 versions available mine is the only one
> that works. What you posted is not the same file. The instructions they give
> have been modified from my original but I don't care about petty stuff like
> that.

What, specifically, does yours do that the ones written my the vendor
doesn't do? Go ahead, tell us if you can.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 10:11:41 PM

In article <4ViVe.3816$6e1.387@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> That's a bunch of BS. When are you going to realize that I have nothing to
> prove to you Stalker.

You made the claim that yours was the only one that worked, then claimed
that is just a batch file, then claimed that the chap the wrote it
doesn't have any rights....

You are the one making claims you can't back up.

--

!