How to install Win 7 Ultimate 64bit?

coolermaster_72

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I bought a new Desktop PC and it has the win 7 30 day trial.

I need to install my Win 7 ultimate 64bit to my PC, deleting the 30 day trial. ( I need to know how to start the setup when the PC is booting up, most importantly)

Please give me a step by step instruction (no video please, my internet connection is really slow)

My PC specs :

Intel Core i3 3220 3.3Ghz (3rd Generation)
Asus Geforce GTX 660 2GB DDR5 DirectCUII
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance 1600 Mhz

Thank you.

Are you sure the version installed on the PC is a trial -- or does it just needs to be activated within the 30 days by running the activation wizard ?? Does it have the product key sticker attached to the case ? (windows is normally not installed as a trial program on new builds !)

First: make sure you have all the gigabyte drivers on hand before you start!
Next: put the dvd in and start from that. At the point where the setup wants you to choose a partition for the setup, click on the advanced option, delete the c: partition and install to the space freed up.

coolermaster_72

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Its an assembled PC. they installed the parts I wanted.

I could not give them my win 7 disc so they installed a trial.

yes, Im sure its a 30 day trial.

Is it the same version as the software you have the product key for ?? -- If it is then no need to reinstall just run the activation wizard and when activation fails select to change the key - enter your key and run the activation again and it should activate.

coolermaster_72

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Could you be more specific, please :)

There's something I should select 1st to boot from CD/DVD right?

And for what should I keep all the Gigabyte drivers with me?

Thanks.

coolermaster_72

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Nope, they have installed Windows 7 Enterprise trial

I need to install my original Ultimate deleting the Home basic edition :)

I'm sorry if I mislead you.

This would be the easiest method !! - otherwise you will need to reformat the HDD and install everything over again and the end result is the same so better to just do the anytime upgrade using the product key from ultimate when asked for the license key !