Tech: Anyone tone down pop bumpers on Breakshot?

Frenchy, for one, mentioned once that Capcom's Breakshot pop bumpers
kick a bit too hard due to Capcom's 'all one coil' game design. I've
realized that really bugs me. Anybody try toning these down a bit?
Did you like the result? How did you do it?

Thanks,

Dale

You can set the switch gaps a little wider. That
tones them down pretty good.

I set mine tight. I like the action!

--
Fred
TX

"dalemstevens" <fathompin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123635025.238173.7540@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Frenchy, for one, mentioned once that Capcom's Breakshot pop bumpers
> kick a bit too hard due to Capcom's 'all one coil' game design. I've
> realized that really bugs me. Anybody try toning these down a bit?
> Did you like the result? How did you do it?

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

When I had mine I thought about adding resistors but it was not
recommended. Only really effective and correct solution is to put
weaker coils in there which would not cost a fortune. Anyway I got
used to the power and left them that way, they definitely have a lot of
kick (the broken pop ring when I got the game was what bugged me.)
Perhaps putting in much stronger return springs if ones could be found
that fit there would also cut the power but maybe not enough to notice.
The whole reason for it is Capcom's standardization attempt of using
the same coil thruout the whole machine (not really the most brilliant
of ideas as you can see.)
Frenchy