Request assistance with XP Home problem

OK! This may be something someone has previously described
before, but I can't resolve it. I am running Windows XP and
have all the updates. When I open a folder, I can not get
the stupid software to save my preferred settings for the
folder. I desire to have the address bar appear in the
header of the folder.

I have opened the "View" menu a hundred times, click
"Toolbars", and click "Address Bar" so that the check mark
appears. I then click "Lock the toolbar" so that the check
mark appears. I then open the "Tools" menu, click the
"Folder Options" tab, click the "View" tab, and click "Apply
to All Folders". Then I click "Ok", close everything,
reboot, and I'm back to square one with no address bar
visible in the folders.

Does anyone understand why this happens? Can anyone propose
a solution?

Many thanks for your assistance. I suspect that it
something simple, but I am at a loss as to how to resolve
the dilemma.

Please email me at nospam1953@bellsouth.net.
1 answer Last reply
More about request assistance home problem

    Although i don't know exactly why it would be doing this, i think it
    wouldn't be a bad idea to create another account with the same privledges
    (which must be administrator to make account). Then see if it works for them

    If it does than make a backup of ur user docs and settings and delete ur
    user, then re-add your user

    I can't and won't guarrentee this to work but it would be what i'd do

    Jayso

    Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

    Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
    Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
    jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

    "Regnad Kcin" <NickDanger@ThirdEye.net> wrote in message
    > OK! This may be something someone has previously described
    > before, but I can't resolve it. I am running Windows XP and
    > have all the updates. When I open a folder, I can not get
    > the stupid software to save my preferred settings for the
    > folder. I desire to have the address bar appear in the
    > header of the folder.
    >
    > I have opened the "View" menu a hundred times, click
    > "Toolbars", and click "Address Bar" so that the check mark
    > appears. I then click "Lock the toolbar" so that the check
    > mark appears. I then open the "Tools" menu, click the
    > "Folder Options" tab, click the "View" tab, and click "Apply
    > to All Folders". Then I click "Ok", close everything,
    > reboot, and I'm back to square one with no address bar
    > visible in the folders.
    >
    > Does anyone understand why this happens? Can anyone propose
    > a solution?
    >
    > Many thanks for your assistance. I suspect that it
    > something simple, but I am at a loss as to how to resolve
    > the dilemma.
    >
    > Please email me at nospam1953@bellsouth.net.

Browsers Windows XP