dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005

When Windows opens, the message of "1 program running" shows by my logon
name. I am unaware of any program running. How can I find the program that
is running so that I may close it?

Dix wrote:

> When Windows opens, the message of "1 program running" shows by my logon
> name. I am unaware of any program running. How can I find the program that
> is running so that I may close it?

After computer starts, open Task Manager and check for running
applications. A second applet that can be used to check for an
application that starts at login would be Services under Admin
Tools. Any unusual listings of an application shown as a service
and shown as "started"? Finally, look in Windows Registry for
any applications started under Run or RunOnce.

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005

Nothing under Task Manager. I looked at Services but do not recognize some
of the applications and am afraid to remove them. Too much of a Newbie!!
Thanks for your help, though....

"GHalleck" wrote:

> Dix wrote:
>
> > When Windows opens, the message of "1 program running" shows by my logon
> > name. I am unaware of any program running. How can I find the program that
> > is running so that I may close it?
>
> After computer starts, open Task Manager and check for running
> applications. A second applet that can be used to check for an
> application that starts at login would be Services under Admin
> Tools. Any unusual listings of an application shown as a service
> and shown as "started"? Finally, look in Windows Registry for
> any applications started under Run or RunOnce.

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005

Could this be "Ghost Start Services" that indicates 'background' and is the
only app showing this location of background?

Dix wrote:
> Could this be "Ghost Start Services" that indicates 'background' and is the
> only app showing this location of background?

Consider doing an anti-virus, anti-adware and anti-spyware
sweep. If a firewall is not being used, install one.

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005

Thanks but that was not the solution either.....

"Ghostrider" wrote:

> Dix wrote:
> > Could this be "Ghost Start Services" that indicates 'background' and is the
> > only app showing this location of background?
> >

> Consider doing an anti-virus, anti-adware and anti-spyware
> sweep. If a firewall is not being used, install one.

TRENDING THREADS