Two devices sharing workgroup don't see each other

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hey,
I have 1 computer connected by ethernet cable from the
base station and 1 wireless connection. The are both
connected to the same workgroup but do not recognize each
other. Any Ideas?

Are you running any third-party AV or firewall programs on them? Do you
have file sharing enabled on both?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Jason" <mrdevries1@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> I have 1 computer connected by ethernet cable from the
> base station and 1 wireless connection. The are both
> connected to the same workgroup but do not recognize each
> other. Any Ideas?

hey,
when you go into the Network utility, and click refresh it
should refresh the machines on your network. I am using
MN-700, dunno about you. if you do see this, click on the
icon for your other machine and it should open a file
explorer for that machine. depending on your setup you
may need to share folders etc.

hope this helps, or please let me know what your setup
(OS, HW etc) is,
thx

TRENDING THREADS