Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Troubles with audio drivers on HTPC

Last response: in Windows 7
November 24, 2012 2:13:24 PM

Hi guys,

Some time ago i put together a HTPC with a Asrock A75M-HVS mtherboard (VIA VT1705 Audio Codec) hooked up to my tv with HDMI(sound+video), installed windows and installed on the drivers from Asrocks website.

Today i was thinking that I had probably installed the audio drivers over the windows drivers and i wanted to make sure i had the latests drivers from VIA, i was looking around how i could stop windows from installing audio drivers, i found a method using gpedit.msc wich seemed to work, it blocked windows from installing its own driver.

So I downloaded the latest driver from VIA website (this was a newer version then from asrock's website). I think it installed correctly but the only thing that showed under playback devices was "Speakers", the digital hdmi output had dissapeared.
I tought this was a problem with the driver so i download the one from Asrock thinking this one has to work, but the same problem.
This had taken several hours of messing around so i tought screw it, ill take the windows drivers, so I let windows install and it seems to work and i got my sound back, under playback devices there are now 2 options again "speakers" and "digital audio hdmi". I get sound using the digital audio output, but only stereo, when i click the configure option it doesnt let me pick 5.1.

I dont really care anymore what driver I have, I would just like to have my 5.1 back, hope somebody can help me.

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 24, 2012 2:27:18 PM

Re-install the video driver.
November 24, 2012 3:00:39 PM

It works! I can now configure for 5.1 again with the windows driver, thank you!
m
l
November 24, 2012 3:02:06 PM

Best answer selected by leendert86.
m
l
!