WMS switch compensation patent expires today or Sep 19 2006?

Today might be the day...!

The infamous WMS switch compensation patent:

4,763,256

Filed on Sep 19 1986
Issued on Aug 9 1988

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=4,763,256.WKU.&OS=PN/4,763,256&RS=PN/4,763,256

These date ranges fall within the "transition time", from the old
standard of 17-years-from-issuing, to the new standard of
20-years-from-filing.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/inp03.htm

So, does the patent expire TODAY, or do we still have to wait until Sep
19 2006?

It would just make my day if it were today....

Josh

martin

Looks to me like it gets the 20 years provision, so you'll have to wait
a year until you unveil your super-duper new pinball machine.

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

On 2/8/03 2:01 AM, Keith P. Johnson wrote:

> When the law was passed, patents got whatever ruling was most
> favorable to them. Autopercentaging is around for at least another 3
> years.

Yep, unfortunately I believe the patent is around until '06

TRENDING THREADS