Scanner compatibility with XP

I've been using a Scanjet 4100c for years on my Windows 98 machine. I now
have a computer with Windows XP on it. I was told by HP salesman that XP
would run the 4100C. When I insert the CD that came with the scanner years
ago, into the new machine so I can install the Precision Scan LT software a
message pops up that says OS is incompatible, and basically buy a new
scanner. I thought I could install the software and then "add a driver" to
XP and I'd be OK.

What gives? Any help would be appreciated.

Chet

"Chet" <Nospam@nospam.net> wrote in

> I've been using a Scanjet 4100c for years on my Windows 98
> machine. I now have a computer with Windows XP on it. I was
> told by HP salesman that XP would run the 4100C. When I insert
> the CD that came with the scanner years ago, into the new
> machine so I can install the Precision Scan LT software a
> message pops up that says OS is incompatible, and basically buy
> a new scanner. I thought I could install the software and then
> "add a driver" to XP and I'd be OK.
>
> What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Chet

You just need to install the right driver - which HP offer for free
download on the web here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=
58394&lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&softwareitem=sj653mu

TRENDING THREADS