WTB: Star Trek 25th Anniversary or Hook chase light pcb

I recently bought a Data East Star Trek 25th Anniversary pin, and it's
missing the "chase light" board. I have found posts on the ng about
checking for shorts in the rope lights that cause failure in the PCB,
and how to repair it but I haven't found any sources for the PCB
itself. I understand that a Hook board can also be used.

I saw a couple messages where people have made the board themselves,
but my circuit board skills are still at the noob level. Does anyone
have a working board (original or homebrew) that they would be willing
to sell? A simple diagram, parts list and photos of a home made board
would problably get me going too.

Thanks!
Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about star trek 25th anniversary hook chase light

    Exactly what I was looking for! I sent you an email.

    Thanks!

    Hi Tom,

    I had the same situation a few months ago. I couldn't find another board
    and didn't care for the "breadboard" method. I did a quick board design and
    sent it off to a company to have them produce the board. The minimum
    quantity is 3 boards so I have 2 left over. I can sell you the board for
    $30 shipped or I can send you a populated board for $40 including shipping.

    Here is a link to the board:
    http://www.pins-plus.com/st25_chaser.htm

    The parts on the board are:
    1 - ULN2003A IC
    1 - 74HCT04 IC
    3 - 10K 1/4 or 1/2 watt Resistors
    1 - 10uf @ 16volt radial Electrolytic Capacitor
    1 - .1uf @ 50volt axial Ceramic Capacitor
    2 - .156 7pin Header Connectors
    1 - 14pin IC Socket
    1 - 16pin IC Socket

    Kevin M

    <web.questions@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I recently bought a Data East Star Trek 25th Anniversary pin, and it's
    > missing the "chase light" board. I have found posts on the ng about
    > checking for shorts in the rope lights that cause failure in the PCB,
    > and how to repair it but I haven't found any sources for the PCB
    > itself. I understand that a Hook board can also be used.
    >
    > I saw a couple messages where people have made the board themselves,
    > but my circuit board skills are still at the noob level. Does anyone
    > have a working board (original or homebrew) that they would be willing
    > to sell? A simple diagram, parts list and photos of a home made board
    > would problably get me going too.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Tom

Light Games Video Games