Performance Problems

i have just bought a 3.2Ghz P4 after believing that my old 2.0Ghz was slowing my pc down. a few months ago i also bought a Radeon 9800 Pro replacing my ti4200. i really havent noticed that much increase between the system i had a few months ago and the one i have now eg using UT2003 i used to get about 128 in flyby antalus and now its 137. looking at toms hardware guide it should be a lot higher.
with my 3.2 and 9800pro i have:
SB Audigy ZS 2
1GB DDR266 Ram
Win XP Pro

Any Suggestions?
5 answers Last reply
More about performance problems
  1. Was that a 2.0Ghz P4?...

Anyway, I think you're probably running an obsolete motherboard. You have DDR266, and the most appropriate platform currently for P4s is an i865-based motherboard with dual-channel DDR400...

But if it's not that, then I don't know... What motherboard is that, anyway?

<i><font color=red>You never change the existing reality by fighting it. Instead, create a new model that makes the old one obsolete</font color=red> - Buckminster Fuller </i>
  2. ive got an MSI 865PE:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=454
    it will take a P4.
    yes before i had a P4 2.0Ghz A.
    now a P4 3.2Ghz C.
    should the ram speed make as much difference as i should be expecting?
  3. what is the diff in speed between DDR266 and DDR400 on an 800FSB.
  4. 800FSB and dual channel ddr400 is perfect match running in sync.

800FSB and dual channel ddr266 is not in sysnc, thus u'll take a performance hit.

anyway, 100+ FPS is very good already.

A fine day!
  5. 100, in flyby is awful it should be 200 or so! according to THG
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Performance