Sign in with
Your question

Modifying shell styles

Last response: in Windows 7
April 12, 2010 4:39:23 PM

I had a quick question about modifying Windows 7 shell styles. I recently downloaded Redmile's dESATURATED theme, but I would like to change the colours of a certain part. The picture below shows what I'm talking about.

I currently have Resource Hacker to change the shell styles, but I was wondering if anyone knew what specific image to edit to change these parts of the shell style.

Thanks everyone!

More about : modifying shell styles

a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2010 1:43:25 AM

Have you tried going to "advanced appearance properties" to try? You can access it by right clicking on an empty part of the desktop and going to personalize, window color and then the advanced properties.
m
l
April 13, 2010 9:26:44 AM

buwish said:
Have you tried going to "advanced appearance properties" to try? You can access it by right clicking on an empty part of the desktop and going to personalize, window color and then the advanced properties.

Yeah, I'm looking to modify the actual .msstyle file. I am new to the whole customizing shell styles, and the Appearance Properties window doesn't allow me to change the colours, highlights, and all these types of details in the shell style.
m
l
!