Can't Burn Recovery DVD for a600n Pavilion

When I try to burn a recovery DVD for my new HP Pavilion a600n using an
external Sony DVD+-RW drive, the HP software keeps telling me that the disk
inserted is not blank.

I started with a brand new Phillips DVD+RW disk. When HP told me it wasn't
blank I burned some files onto it using the Sony provided RecordNow software
and then used RecordNow to erase the DVD. But after all that the HP software
still tells me that the disk is not blank.

Any suggestions? Maybe the HP software won't write to DVD+RW but perhaps
only to DVD-RW? (I don't happen to have any DVD-RW disks but would buy some
if someone thinks that might solve the problem.)

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

I found the routine rejects RW disks, and only accepts R (write once)
disks.

craigm