Windows' "Send report" feature when a program crashes

Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)
6 answers Last reply
More about windows send report feature program crashes

    <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
    | Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)

    Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
    Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
    as desired.

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:23:02 -0400 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, HillBillyBuddhist favored us
    with...
    > <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > [quoted text muted]
    > | Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)
    > |

    > Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
    > Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
    > as desired.

    Great info; thanks! I never knew we could turn off those annoying
    prompts.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
    "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
    "I was misinformed."

    'How To Configure and Use Error Reporting in Windows XP'
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310414&sd=tech

    Open Control Panel|Click System|Go to the Advanced tab|Click Error
    Reporting|Click the "Disable Error Reporting" radio box, but select the
    "But notify me when Critical Errors Occur"|OK

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    jackhird@gmail.com wrote:

    > Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)

    Thanks for the help, everybody. :)

    Those prompts that MS use to
    a/ decide what bugs to work on - disable it and you won't be voting for yours to be fixed
    b/ to tell you what to do to fix it if it's a known error with a known cause.

    "Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:MPG.1d8f88362e4d12af989778@news.individual.net...
    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:23:02 -0400 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, HillBillyBuddhist favored us
    > with...
    >> <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > [quoted text muted]
    >> | Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)
    >> |

    >> Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
    >> Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
    >> as desired.
    >
    > Great info; thanks! I never knew we could turn off those annoying
    > prompts.

    > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    > "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
    > "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    > "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
    > "I was misinformed."

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:46:10 +1000 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, favored us with...
    > Those prompts that MS use to
    > a/ decide what bugs to work on - disable it and you won't be voting for yours to be fixed

    Uh-huh. Fer sure. And I gotta bridge to sell ya.

    > b/ to tell you what to do to fix it if it's a known error with a known cause.

    I've never seen a single useful suggestion accompanying "____ has
    encountered an error and needs to close". Maybe your experience has
    been different.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.