Windows' "Send report" feature when a program crashes

Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)

<jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
| Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)

Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
as desired.

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:23:02 -0400 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, HillBillyBuddhist favored us
with...
> <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > [quoted text muted]
> | Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)
> |

> Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
> Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
> as desired.

Great info; thanks! I never knew we could turn off those annoying
prompts.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

'How To Configure and Use Error Reporting in Windows XP'
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310414&sd=tech

Open Control Panel|Click System|Go to the Advanced tab|Click Error
Reporting|Click the "Disable Error Reporting" radio box, but select the
"But notify me when Critical Errors Occur"|OK

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

jackhird@gmail.com wrote:

> Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)

Those prompts that MS use to
a/ decide what bugs to work on - disable it and you won't be voting for yours to be fixed
b/ to tell you what to do to fix it if it's a known error with a known cause.

"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:MPG.1d8f88362e4d12af989778@news.individual.net...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 06:23:02 -0400 in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, HillBillyBuddhist favored us
> with...
>> <jackhird@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > [quoted text muted]
>> | Anybody know how I can turn this off? Thanks. :)
>> |

>> Open "System" from Control Panel *or* right click "My Computer" and choose
>> Properties. At the bottom of the "Advanced" tab click Error Reporting. Set
>> as desired.
>
> Great info; thanks! I never knew we could turn off those annoying
> prompts.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
> "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
> "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
> "I was misinformed."

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:46:10 +1000 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, favored us with...
> Those prompts that MS use to
> a/ decide what bugs to work on - disable it and you won't be voting for yours to be fixed

Uh-huh. Fer sure. And I gotta bridge to sell ya.

> b/ to tell you what to do to fix it if it's a known error with a known cause.

I've never seen a single useful suggestion accompanying "____ has
encountered an error and needs to close". Maybe your experience has
been different.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.