Stop Start up programs

Hello,

Could somebody please tell me how to stop programs stating up on their own,
i.e. I have real player which I rarely use, however it is permantely in my
system tray, I think that what you call it, where the little icon tell you
what is running, I would like not to have real player there.
--
Many thanks

Gerald
6 answers Last reply
More about stop start programs

    In article <57DF5664-648F-440D-B9A3-8456A08BEC17@microsoft.com>,
    Gerry@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could somebody please tell me how to stop programs stating up on their own,
    > i.e. I have real player which I rarely use, however it is permantely in my
    > system tray, I think that what you call it, where the little icon tell you
    > what is running, I would like not to have real player there.

    If you right click on it, or open it, you can adjust preferences to stop
    it from starting...

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos,

    Thanks for that information, I have just looked in preferences on real
    player and I see no option to not get it to start when my pc starts, I have
    looked under every tab,

    I appreciate you help
    --
    Many thanks
    Gerald

    Gerry wrote:

    > Leythos,
    >
    > Thanks for that information, I have just looked in preferences on real
    > player and I see no option to not get it to start when my pc starts, I
    > have looked under every tab,
    >
    > I appreciate you help

    IIRC, right-click on the RealPlayer icon in the System Tray and choose
    "Disable Quick Play". The exact wording might be a bit different (I'm
    going from memory here), but it is obvious what to do.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    That worked, many thanks for your help.
    --
    Many thanks

    Gerald

    Gerry wrote:

    > That worked, many thanks for your help.

    You're very welcome.

    Malke
    --

    Gerry Wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could somebody please tell me how to stop programs stating up on their
    > own,
    > i.e. I have real player which I rarely use, however it is permantely in
    > my
    > system tray, I think that what you call it, where the little icon tell
    > you
    > what is running, I would like not to have real player there.
    > --
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Gerald
    try this ....>start>run....in the box that appears you need to type in
    the word msconfig then click on ok.

    look for a tab that says start and click on it

    you will then see a list of stuff that loads up when you start up your
    pc.

    uncheck all the stuff you think you dont need however dont touch your
    antivirus and firewall .

    when youve done click off it.

    the next time you start your pc you will see a screen that says youve
    messed with things just click the box that says dont show me this
    again.

    you should now start up faster.

    hope this is of use to you,

    --