SOUTH BRIDGE BURNING SOMEBODY HELP

yiltawar

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
my southbridge is on fire i use a msi865pe neo2 and the temp. is 59C idle 61C on load isn't that too much or is it just a general problem for ms6728

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
try cooking an egg on it, if u can eat it, then go smack your head against wall very hard and RMA the board

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
Or an active heat sink.

Heck, thermal epoxy a water block to it, connect the leads to your sink, and run a cold water exchange.

Or import an elephant from Africa and surgically implant your motherboard into its left butt cheek.

Seriously, if your <i>south bridge</i> is burning up then RMA or replace the defective motherboard. Doing anything else is just plain silly. The last thing that anyone needs is a defective south bridge, and severe overheating can only be an indication of a flaw in it somewhere.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
SOUTH BRIDGE BURNING SOMEBODY HELP
South bridge burning! Somebody help!

South bridge burning somebody! Help!

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution

I didn't think Southbridge temps were monitored... I've never seen one with a heatsink, at least. I've seen plently of Northbridge chips with heatsinks, though.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>